Who is the Cutest?

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Precious sleep

One of the few lessons I had the pleasure of learning, from taking care of Mick is that kids are not machines, they go through phases and all the good habits you try to help them develop will come, but because they are growing so rapidly and they each develop at their own pace, some days, weeks, months they react a certain way but quickly change the next day, week or month. There's no telling what they will do next.

Since Mick was barely 2 months old, she has been going down at 7 pm every night. Sleeping through the night was never a problem, and while caring for this active little beast tires us out tremendously, Freeman and I had always been able to look forward to some solid block of down time after 7 pm.

Well, our good fortune took a different turn tonight, it's almost 11 pm now and Mick just fell asleep about 30 minutes ago. I came out of our bedroom (she's sleeping in our bed tonight) feeling beaten down, quite literarily.

Let's hope tomorrow night is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment