...in the life of a temporarily single parent who's child is sick is. no. fun.
Freeman has been out in York, PA for his last but hopefully best interview. He's en route home as we speak, but I have been, up to this point, battling this nasty bug Mick picked up from daycare. She started vomiting in middle of the night (3 am) on Thursday and then refusing to go back to sleep. I dropped her off at daycare only to have to pick her up after 2 hrs, since she vomited and reached a 101.4 fever. The remainder of the day was a pure test on my ability to tip-toe around the house, going up and down stairs about 15 million times washing and drying the clothes. Then back and forth between the office to her room, checking to see how she's doing, and working, all without waking her up.
Throughout the day I would doze off while holding and soothing her, and wake up panicking, thinking she got sicker, she's about to vomit again. Since the morning I have had 5 loads of laundry going, and just managed to put some sheet on our bed, so we can sleep tonight.
After all this physical work, the #1 thought on my mind is did I screw up? Should I have sent her to ER?
Why doesn't parenthood comes with some kind of instruction booklet?
If it's not cuz it's dark, and Mick is home alone, I would seriously go for a run to shake off all these tension in my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment