Who is the Cutest?

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ups and ups and more ups!!!!

There are lots of ups and downs when you are parent for the first time, but things are definitely getting more interesting now that Mick is almost 1 year and half.

Earlier tonight, she suddenly wanted me to sing "twinkle twinkle little star" non-stop before bed. Every time I stop, she demands it again by saying "more! more!". She particularly loves the twinkle twinkle part, by wiggling her little chubby body and giggling. It really warms my heart to see her interacting more, and for the past few days, except when she was tired and upset about something specifically, she was amazingly pleasant and happy. She's showing both Freeman and I that she really loves being with us, she pays attention when we speak to her and smiles and make silly facial or body movements to keep us interested. When Freeman or I walk away from her, she calls out to us and smiles. She truly is the sweetest reward in my life, and I was ignorant before when I said I didn't want to have kids. Certainly had I known how amazing she is, I would have had her the moment my reproductive system was ripe and ready =P.

Having said that, I must also admit that raising a child is not easy and seeing how many couples out there are raising 2, 3, 4 or more, I am thinking these old bones of mine can probably manage just 1 more if God willing.

Happy New Year to us, 2011 should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment